Well, 2020 came in hot and has made a lasting impression, particularly on my cooking game. While I kicked at-home chef-ing into high gear the first 10 weeks of quarantine, I’ve added in more take out and periodic fasting into my regimen. Now it’s winter and along with it is a recommitment to all things wholesome cooking.
It’s no secret that sauces are life for me, and being able to change up my recipe favorites by throwing in some different flavor profiles has made this whole quarantine thing much more tolerable. Kind of. If you’re feeling the need to change up your meal routine, I happily present to you some of my all time favorite go to sauces, plus a few photos of my favorite meals since March 13.
What are some of your “no fail” sauces you use?
- Cashew Cream (Recipe Below)
- Peruvian Green “Crack” Sauce
- Yummy Sauce
- Rosemary Anchovy Sauce
- Olive Tapenade
- Insane Sauce
Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp onion salt blend
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsps water (hold onto that cashew water!)
- Salt to taste
- Combine ingredients through lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Check the texture, start the processor, and add in water until the consistency has thinned to your desirable density. Note that the cream thickens quickly when heated, so you may add more water at this stage or when heating the sauce.
- Salt to taste
You could add Cashew Cream sauce to nearly anything, but might I recommend these fast favorites:
- Shallots, mushrooms and pasta for a quick and delicious vegan stroganoff
- Roasted vegetable bowl (zucchini, squash, tomatoes, onions
- Buddha Bowl (rice, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, and roasted garbanzo beans and/or grilled chicken for you meat lovers)
- Spaghetti squash, spinach, mushrooms
2020 Cooking Favorites