Whoa. I mean, serious whoa. This stuff is so delicious, you’ll want to put it on everything. I first made it up as a dip, complete with warmed baguette, double creme brie and prosciutto, but it would also be awesome as a chicken marinade. However you dress it up, it’ll be a huge hit (I even converted a staunch anti-olive eater!). Find additional recipe ideas at the bottom of the post.
- 1 can anchovies (if in oil, rinse the fish before use)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 jar pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 jar sundried tomatoes
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a food processor, emulsify all the anchovies until it becomes a paste.
- Add in garlic and process until garlic looks well incorporated (don’t want big chunks in a bite)
- Now add in olives through lemon zest and blend well.
- As the processor is going, slowly add in oil until blended.
- Do a taste test before adding in additional lemon zest, lemon juice or any other seasonings. Between the anchovies and olives, there’s quite a bit of salt in this recipe, so I wouldn’t recommend adding any additional salt.
Food Pairing Recommendations
- Pizza base rather than tomato sauce
- On top of roasted chicken
- Sauce for fresh pasta and roasted tomatoes
- Serve along side hummus and veggies
3 thoughts on “Crazy Good Olive Tapenade”