Oh, hello! I realize the past few months flew by without a peep from me, but I promise it’s not for lack of cooking! I’m happy to share that I recently began a new job, and while I am loving the challenge, it also means I have little time to do the blogging I love so much. After some extensive badgering “reminders” from friends and family (“WHEN are you posting the recipe to insert dish here?!”), I decided it was time to get back into the swing of things, so be on the lookout for new, fun, fresh recipes.
Today’s feature was inspired by the truly fabulous recipe curator, Tasty (kiss, kiss!). Friends, you’re about to enter a world of deliciousness, and be a huge hit with brunch (or in my case, book club) guests near and far. Within 20 minutes you have a sweet treat everyone will be raving about. Get ready to join me in a ritual drooling.
Braided Puff Pastry Chocolate
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 whole chocolate bar (I recommend Theo Chocolate, or use one of your favorite chocolate purveyors)
- 1 egg, whipped
- Sliced almonds
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp jam of choice
- Optional: Powdered sugar to garnish
Directions (or better yet, just watch the video)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Allow puff pastry to thaw for 45-60 min (working with stiff pastry is never a good time)
- Unfold the puff pastry and center the chocolate bar
- Diagonally cut the outter thirds of the pastry for easy braiding
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle sliced almonds on top
- Bake for 15 min
C’est tout! Seriously, you’ll be the rock star of the event and everyone will be incredibly impressed with your baking prowess. So, dust your shoulder off and brush up on your bragging skills. You’ll need ’em.