Wow! I’m so grateful to my friend Heidi Altree, of The Fit Frequent Flier, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Heidi and I met while working at a Portland-based SaaS company, and while she is much more (frequently) active than I am, we bonded over a love of the outdoors and great food.
I am that person who is constantly posting food photos from dinner experiments, and My Favorite -Ings was born out of friends asking me for those recipes.
According to the Versatile Blogger Award Rules, I need to do five things to preserve the spirit of this award:
- Nominees should know that if you are nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, you have already won
- Write and publish a blog post thanking and linking back to the person who nominated me
- List seven random facts about myself
- Nominate up to 15 other blogs that you follow and believe deserve recognition for their hard work
7 Random Facts about Me
- I used to be able to whistle like a champ, and then I got braces. No more whistling for me!
- I lose near complete control over my vocal chords whenever I see dogs of any age. I start squealing in pitches only they can hear, which is probably why I’ve basically never met a dog who didn’t become a kindred spirit.
- I don’t subscribe to any dietary restrictions, but you can almost always rely on me to bring the (sometimes only) vegan, gluten-free dish to dining engagements.
- I have an austere loathing of canned mushrooms. Can’t. Stand. Them.
- Even though I’m an only child, I come from a very large extended family. My mother and her twin are the oldest of 8, my great aunt and uncle had 20 children, and I have 20 first cousins.
- I traveled to 36 of 50 states and visited 11 countries
- I was in choir for many years, and without fail, I cry every time I hear Franz Biebl’s Ave Maria performed during the holidays.
Blogs I nominate
- Modern Hiker
- Nom Nom Paleo
- PDX Food Love
- Thoughtful Consumer
- Sherry Sips
- Smitten Kitchen
- The Dough Will Rise Again
- The Planet D
- Honorable mention: Spoon and Saucer – Sadly, Brandie Kajino passed away last year from pancreatic cancer, but she remains an inspiration to those who knew her. I loved reading her spirited and delicious gluten-free recipes, and miss her contribution to the Portland foodie community.