I have no shame. This sauce is so damn delicious that I have straight up nicknamed it “crack sauce”, and so has almost everyone else who has tried it. I bless Pinterest, This is How I Cook, and Serious Eats for bringing this baby into my life. While 2016 has been a challenging time, this sauce has certainly been a glimmering light!
Please know that when I tell you crack sauce can go with everything, I mean nearly everything! This is practically a staple in my fridge at this point, and below are a few suggested pairings:
- Baked Salmon
- Chicken and pasta
- Crudite dip for raw vegetables
- Dressing for roasted (sweet) potatoes, carrots, beets and cauliflower
- Caprese salad with avocado
- Braised Mexican Beef
- Garnish for Carnitas
- Drizzle on top of breakfast tacos (use the leftover carnitas!)
Peruvian Green Sauce
Adapted from This is How I Cook (yields approx. 12 oz)
- 1 whole jalapeño (I’m a heat wimp, so I usually reduce this down to 3/4 of a jalapeño)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3/4 cup Vegenaise (I’ve tried many, and the original Vegenaise is by far my favorite)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional adaptations:
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2″ ginger
- 1/2 tbsp of honey for a sweeter finish
- Combine jalapeño through cilantro in a food processor and chop until well blended.
- Blend in lime juice and veganaise.
- While processor is blending, slowly add in olive oil, until emulsified.
- Taste test and add in salt and pepper to your liking.
- Start stuffing your face!