Oh, yeah, this is one is brilliant for a quick appetizer or as a spread. I love serving this as a fondue cheese feature with Granny Smith apples, boiled potatoes, peppers, sugar peas and other vegetables.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2-3 garlic gloves, minced
- 8 oz. neufchâtel cheese (or regular cream cheese for the full calorie count)
- 6-8 oz. non-fat plain yogurt
- blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 package thawed frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, halved
- salt, pepper to taste
Heat olive oil on low for about 2 minutes, then add minced garlic until fragrant.
Stir in cream cheese, yogurt and blue cheese crumbles until combined and melted.
Add thawed spinach broken into chunks and stir frequently for 5 min.
Finish with the artichokes, salt and pepper, heat thoroughly, then serve up!